Quantity Surveyor – Cork
BPE provides Project Management and Engineering Design Services to the Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sectors in Ireland. As a company we specialize in the design and delivery of process-driven projects up to €100 million in capital value.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are seeking to hire a Quantity Surveyor. This position will be based in the company’s offices in Mahon, Cork.
We require an experienced professional from the pharmaceutical or life sciences sector.
WHAT YOU WILL BE INVOVLED IN
- Preparing budget estimates
- Contract administration
- Interim Valuations
- Final account negotiation
- Cost reporting
- Variation monitoring
- Tender preparation
- Tender review / analysis
- Attend site / client / design meetings
- Liaising with site management team
- Responsible for multiple projects primarily office based but required to visit site in process of fulfilling QS role.
- This role will report to Department Manager & Project Manager in respect of project controls duties
- Liaising with various design disciplines to achieve deliverables
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
The individual we are seeking will possess the following:
- Degree/Higher Diploma in Engineering or associated area.
- 5+ years’ experience in general project planning and control experience
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Chartered status desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in professional service company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a project from conception to final account agreement
- Strong word and excel skills
- Experience of MS Project or Primivera is desirable
The key to our continued success in providing professional engineering services is the quality of our people. We employ the best and we invest significantly in their training and development. As a member of the BioPharma Engineering team, we will help you to grow and develop your career to its full potential.
We have opportunities in engineering and many other areas, both in our multi-disciplinary design office and on site-positions and we are committed to matching your career expectations with a job that is challenging and rewarding.
Please note we do not currently require the assistance of recruitment agencies