Capital Engineering Lead – Dublin
BPE provides Project Management and Engineering Design Services to the Pharmaceutical and Life Science Sectors in Ireland. As a company we specialize in the design and delivery of process-driven projects up to €100 million in capital value.
Due to continued growth and expansion we are seeking to hire a Capital Engineering Lead. You will be based onsite with one of our valued clients.
We require an experienced professional from the pharmaceutical and life sciences sector.
WHAT YOU WILL BE INVOVLED IN
- Develop and apply structured project management skills to manage multiple projects using a combination of internal and external resources.
- Develop and implement project management policies and procedures for the business unit that align with corporate engineering.
- Directly manage capital projects from conceptual design through start-up and validation.
- Provide direction and oversight to projects managed by others at sites remote from location.
- Provide technical expertise to Project Managers in areas of capital expense, project management and execution.
- Develop an engineering excellence programme for the business unit.
- Plan internal and external resources to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and department goals are achieved.
- Provide typical day-to-day sustaining engineering support to help manufacturing sites achieve and maintain business objectives.
- Build and execute a pipeline of technical projects.
- Manage non-functional specific engineering projects and programmes.
- Develop and manage an effective metrics management process for capital projects.
- Support the development of a multi-site capital master plan and gain corporate approval for capital projects.
- Develop capital project budgets and cash flow forecasts. Track and report actual expenditures vs. forecasts.
- Develop and maintain a portfolio and project management system that meets business requirements.
- Prioritize projects/tasks in line with the business unit requirements & strategic engineering objectives
- Ensure that team projects are run cost efficiently and deliver facilities with a high degree of operability and maintainability.
- Provide timely and accurate central reporting on team project activities to the sponsors and senior management.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders and partners across the company.
- Approach the role in a flexible manner, and be prepared to adapt to requirements outside of the immediate role that are essential to the company.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills with a proven ability to enhance the development of the Business Unit.
- Manage team in preparation, implementation and maintenance of integrated project risk management plans.
- This position has functional authority to direct the work of other internal resources but no administrative direct reports.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum Degree level qualification in a related discipline (Chemical, Engineering, Biotechnology etc.) plus a minimum 7 to 10 years relevant experience in a cGMP commercial manufacturing environment.
- Technical Background with experience of working in / leading a capital engineering programme.
- The individual needs to be self-motivated and self-managing. Able to identify, execute and prioritize work tasks/projects with an awareness of escalation responsibility as needed.
- Experience in working with best in class project management tools.
- Experience of Budget Preparations, control and Management of Finance spend.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a fast paced, multi-faceted environment.
- Independent decision making abilities with strong results orientation.
- Demonstrated job history of increasing job responsibility.
- Collaborative teamwork philosophy and demonstrated positive interaction with others. Professional attitude and a strong attention to detail and organisational skills.
- An understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Organizational and operational agility, able to operate at all levels of the organization and able to shift priorities successfully.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage projects involving multiple functional groups without direct reporting authority.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Mature judgment in problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills to effectively influence others.
The key to our continued success in providing professional engineering services is the quality of our people. We employ the best and we invest significantly in their training and development. As a member of the BioPharma Engineering team, we will help you to grow and develop your career to its full potential.
We have opportunities in engineering and many other areas, both in our multi-disciplinary design office and on site-positions and we are committed to matching your career expectations with a job that is challenging and rewarding.