If there was ever a year to challenge the status quo and make “change” a normal part of everyday operations, it was 2020.
Like many businesses , within less than a month, our full team and all of our operations went remote. We faced the challenge of adapting all our client project timelines and schedules to weather the impact of COVID-19. We coordinated multiple vendors and supply chains to meet new deadlines and supported our client site from any impacts.
With the commitment from our team , technology investments and a long term view on changing for success we have adapted quickly.
2020 will be a year that we are all glad is behind us, but we will take forward our resilience, lessons learned and positive working changes to the BPE business as well as the engineering design industry as a whole.
Thanks again to our team, business partners and clients for continued support. We look forward to working with you all in 2021.
Here is our year in review
- Fill Finish Site Expansion ( Vial , Syringe) – EPCM
- New Product Introduction – US Product Transfer
- Site Due Diligence -Environmental, Planning ,Process Fit
- New API Continuous Manufacturing Plant
- New QC Laboratory Building
- Site Master Planning
The Covid Alliance
BioPharma Engineering proud supporters and volunteers in The Covid Alliance project in Ireland
An amazing initiative brought together by supported by so many other Leaders in the Irish Pharmaceutical Engineering Industry.
Find out more about the program here
Pharma Awards 2020
BPE sponsored the “Large Project of the Year” again this year. Finalist included :
- Alexion College Park BDS Project
- Production Services DCS Changeover on Live Equipment Pfizer Ringaskiddy
- Ward Automation
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Upgrade – Pfizer Ringaskiddy
- Wuxi Modular BSL 3 Laboratory- Modubuild
Overall winner was Modubuild for the Wuxi Modular BSL 3 Lab project. Read more about the awards here.
We look forward to celebration event in 2021
New Team Members
We continued to hire top talent in 2020 adding to growth ambitions. Overall we added 15 new BPE’ers across all our teams including process , Building Services, Mechanical and Site Construction Management team. We also made some key hires to our business including :
- Niamh Kavanagh – our new Quality Systems Manager – will take over responsibility for Quality System Development. Niamh’s focus together with leadership team is to streamline our design processes and implement our plans for digital transformation / automated systems
- Kate Moriarty – Joined as Senior Recruitment Consultant , as we continue to hire for internal and grow our external site placement offering – building on our recent successes in this area.
BioPharma Engineering are now formally providing ;
Talent Acquisition and Key Project Resources exclusively to our Pharmaceutical Client Site.
The new service will be delivered by Kate Moriarty together with Aisling Crowley to understand our clients requirements.
- Active candidate sourcing
- Site Secondments and Temporary & Perm Site Placements
- Managed Services / Project Site Teams
- In-depth screening and peer reviewed candidates
- Managing offer processes and negotiations
- Reference checks
- Interviewer Training for Hiring Managers
Read more about what we can offer here.